Thursday, August 21, 2008

How Firm A Foundation

1.
How Firm a foundation,
you saints of the Lord,
Is laid for your faith
in his excellent Word!
What more can he say
than to you he has said,
To you who for refuge
to Jesus has fled?

2.
"Fear not, I am with you,
O be not dismayed,
For I am your God,
and will still give you aid;
I'll strenghten you, help you,
and cause you to stand,
Upheld by my righteous,
omnipotent hand.

3.
"When through the deep waters
I call you to go,
The rivers of woe
shall not you over flow;
For I will be with you,
your troubles to bless.
And sanctify to you,
your deepest distress.

4.
"The sould that on Jesus
still leans for respose,
I will not, I will not
desert to its foes;
That soul, though all hell
should endeavor to shake,
I'll never, no never,
no never for sake."

Hymn Tune: Foundation
Meter: 11 11 11 11
Text based on: 2 Peter 1:4

Uses: Gathering Song, Recessional

Note:
This hymn
may be sung as a two-part canon

No comments: